Saturday, January 10, 2009

Catching Up.

Ok, we've lived in this house now for exactly 2 years. We began tearing things out and putting things in...and re-tearing things out and re-putting things in immediately. And I started the blog four days ago. So I have a little catching up to do before I can get to the current project (the kitchen) (oh, and the mudroom...currently on hold).

I'll be posting these little catch-ups as much as I can. Today, it's the exterior. Also a current project, currently on hold.



Here is a BEFORE photo, of sorts. This was taken on January 23, 2008, which was more than a year after we'd actually moved in. We'd (I'd) already started to take some of the siding off of the house...you'll notice the front porch looks a little nekkid. And we'd already removed the funeral home-esque hedge that used to sit in front of said porch. Yes, that's our X-mas tree still sitting out there.









And here's the exterior of the house, as it pretty much looks right now, back in July of 2008. We'd just torn off all of the siding and discovered a lot more work than we'd (I'd) anticipated. So the cost estimates for repair and painting ended up being more than we could swing. This has now been moved to summer 2009. Which is rapidly approaching, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment